Type of application
Addressing new properties
You should apply to us as soon as you have planning permission or before any work starts on the site.
No naming or numbering scheme should be used without our approval in writing as this may cause delays on site.
How to apply
You will need your planning application reference number, a location map showing the site clearly outlined, a site layout plan that includes plot numbers with main entrances clearly marked.
If you need a paper copy, contact us.
Approved addresses are then sent to:
- internal council departments
- the Royal Mail
- certain statutory bodies
- the Emergency Services
Naming a street
- talk to the relevant Town or Parish Council first. They can:
- discuss or agree your proposed names
- propose other suitable names
- make sure you agree more names than are needed in case there are any issues
Once agreed in writing, send the names to us for approval.