The Bournemouth, Christchurch, Poole and Dorset Waste Plan (2019) identifies sites for new waste management facilities to meet the county's needs. It provides the policy framework for determining planning applications for waste management facilities up to 2033.
The Bournemouth, Christchurch, Poole and Dorset Waste Plan 2019 was adopted by Dorset Council and BCP Council (the minerals and waste planning authorities) on 31 December 2019.
- Waste Plan 2019 - Part 1
- Waste Plan 2019 - Part 2
- Waste Plan 2019 - Part 3 - Appendix 1 and 2
- Waste Plan 2019 - Part 4 - Appendix 3 Insets 1 and 2
- Waste Plan 2019 - Part 5 - Appendix 3 Insets 3 and 4
- Waste Plan 2019 - Part 6 - Appendix 3 Insets 5 and 6
- Waste Plan 2019 - Part 7 - Appendix 3 Insets 7 and 8
- Waste Plan 2019 - Part 8 - Appendix 3 Insets 9 and 10
- Waste Plan 2019 - Part 9 - Appendix 3 Insets 11 and 12
- Waste Plan 2019 - Part 10 - Appendix 4 and 5
- Sustainability-appraisal-report - Waste Plan - Aug 2018
- Adoption Statement - Waste Plan 2019
Examination of the Waste Plan
See information on the hearing sessions that took place in June 2018, in the formal examination of the Waste Plan, together with the full examination library.
Waste Plan Inspector's Report
The Inspector appointed to examine the Waste Plan has found that the Plan provides an appropriate basis for waste planning in the Plan area, provided that a number of main modifications are made to it.
The Inspector's findings are set out in the Inspector's report. The Inspector has also set out the main modifications that should be made to the Waste Plan.
Preparing the Waste Plan
A number of stages of consultation and subsequent modification were undertaken during the preparation of the Waste Plan. Information relating to this preparation, together with details of the previous Waste Local Plan (2006) can be viewed on the archive pages.
For further information, please contact us.