Find out the ratings of food businesses in Dorset
Food hygiene standards are getting easier to spot. All food businesses, that supply food direct to the final consumer, have their hygiene standards rated and the ratings are published online.
Search for food businesses in Dorset on the National Food Hygiene Rating website
The scheme covers many businesses throughout the UK. Look out for the certificates and stickers which will be displayed in food premises across the country.
What the food hygiene ratings mean
This is what each rating means:
- 5: conditions are very good
- 4: conditions are good
- 3: conditions are generally satisfactory
- 2: improvement is necessary
- 1: major improvement is necessary
- 0: urgent improvement is necessary
Which businesses are given a rating
These businesses are given a rating:
- sandwich shops
- other retail food outlets, as well as any other business where consumers can eat or buy food
Businesses are given a rating certificate and sticker and they are encouraged to display these.