There's something for everyone after GCSEs and you don't have to follow one path.
Bruce decided university wasn't for him...
I completed A levels at The Purbeck School in maths, physics and computer science. A levels were definitely challenging but I'm pleased I completed them. I wasn't sure about going to university but was glad to be finished school. I looked for an apprenticeship in Business Administration as I was unsure whether to do IT or accountancy.
Bruce's career journey
- The Purbeck School, Wareham for A levels
- Apprenticeship in Business Administration
- Level 2 Business Administration Apprenticeship at Purbeck District Council
- Business Level 3 Apprenticeship with Dorset Council
What was your learning journey?
I was fed up with full-time education, although I didn't want to stop my learning completely. I liked the idea of working and learning at the same time. That's why I applied for a Level 2 apprenticeship with Purbeck District Council in Business Administration.
I later secured a Business Support Assistant role in IT, completed courses in:
- IT infrastructures and fundamentals
- an ITIL foundation in IT Service Management with 365IT
What are you doing now?
I am now completing a Level 3 Business Administration qualification and have secured a role as a User Support Officer at Dorset Council.
Find your education options
There are different ways to find out what your education options are: