Post 16 education

If your child is in any form of post 16 education (such as school, college or higher education), you should speak to their teacher/tutor. Post 16 providers have a duty to help young people with disabilities and medical needs. They are not required to have a SENCO, but they should have a named person in who takes on the duties. The teacher/tutor can put you in contact with them.

For more information visit:

Apprenticeships and traineeships

If your child is in an apprenticeship or traineeship, and you have concerns, you should talk to your doctor or any other professional working with your family for advice.

Share this page