Find information about GPs (doctors) and dentists.

Make sure you tell your doctor or dentist if your child has additional needs. They may need to make reasonable adjustments to help your child, for example if your child needs:

  • the first appointment of the day
  • an appointment at the end of the day
  • a longer appointment
  • or an online appointment
Check your doctor's or dentist's website to find out what access and special provision they have to support patients with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND), or ask a member of staff. If they do not have a service available, raise it with the practice.

Special care dentists

Find local dentists who offer dental care for people with special needs:

Find information on dental treatment for people with special needs on NHS website.

The British Society for Disability and Oral Health has links to oral health resources for a range of conditions.