Qualifying care leavers
- are now aged between 16 and 21 (or 25 if in education)
- were looked after by Children's Services for a period of time between your sixteenth and eighteenth birthdays
- were looked after by Children's Services for less than 13 weeks since you were 14 years old
- were in care on or after your sixteenth birthday and returned to live with your parents for more than 6 months before your eighteenth birthday
- are aged between 16 and 21 and had a special guardianship order (SGO) in place and you were a child in care with Dorset immediately before that order
- were privately fostered until you were 16
You could also be a qualifying care leaver if you have lived in a variety of other settings, for example in residential education or mental health provision. We're happy to talk through your personal situation to help you work out what you're eligible for.
Contact us if you do not have a named worker.